Monday, June 30, 2014

Dinner Last Night........Mushroom Pasta


This dinner wasn't actually last night, but a few people asked me for this recipe after I posted it on Instagram. @mackenziepages if you'd like to follow me!

This is what my family and I call "Mushroom Pasta".

My parents are vegan so they do it with whole wheat pasta.
It tastes great with white or wheat pasta, and I'm thinking about getting super ambitious and trying it with spaghetti squash.

What you'll need:

-3 packages of mushrooms (I use one package of shitake, one baby portabello, and one regular white mushroom)
-Garlic- at least two cloves, I LOVE garlic so I use 3 or 4
-olive oil
- green onion 
-parsley
-truffle oil
-good parmesan cheese
-white or wheat pasta of your choice ( I like to use linguini)

What to do:

Slice and dice mushrooms into bite size pieces. I like to vary between slicing and quartering to give the sauce a good hearty texture. Heat a medium saucepan and add olive oil (probably about 2 tablespoons). Once olive oil is hot, add minced garlic cloves and sautee until fragrant. Add mushrooms and toss with olive oil and garlic. Cook until tender (adding olive oil as needed). Once mushrooms are basically cooked, add chopped green onions and parsley. Remove from heat after they have cooked slightly. Salt and pepper to taste and drizzle with truffle oil. Toss mushroom sauce with pasta and generously add parmesan. Serve hot!

Easy peasy and SOOOO delish!



No comments: