Monday, October 13, 2014

A Hoppin' Saturday Night



I visited my cousin in Austin this weekend to finish up and start a few decorating projects that I am helping her with.

We took the obligatory trip to Ikea on Saturday night to grab some fabulous chairs for her living room. She happens to be one of those lucky humans that lives like 5 minutes from Ikea.

Of course, if you have a modern aesthetic and you like simple, clean lined decor, Ikea is probably a huge go-to for you, especially if you're on a budget. 

The thing that really struck me is that Ikea has a lot of things right now that look decidedly un-Ikea like. Things that you could easily incorporate into other styles of decor, like more traditional, French Country, Hollywood Regency, Etc.

I am smitten with this botanical print bedding. 
It would be darling in a room painted in a soft color, with an antique iron bed and linen drapes.



I would love mixing it with this bedding. 
It was more "rosey" colored in person and it was really kind of French Country looking.

I thought this traditional floral toile bedding was so precious too.

 Love it all together or could be mixed with some hotel-style shams in black and white, or grey, maybe with a fun monogram?


a la Leontine. 
Talk about mixing high and low!

This bedding reminded me of Kate Winslet's house in The Holiday.




I mean, right?

images via here

And while we're on the French and English countrysides, look at this fabric that Ikea sells for $8.99/yd.

It would be so darling (in either colorway) as drapery, as a dust ruffle, or even on a little bench at the end of your bed. 





And this French Bistro style chair, which is getting so popular.
This black Ikea version is $99.


Compared to a similar style that Serena & Lily sells for $225.



If you're trying to outfit your kitchen/dining room and you have a lot to buy or are on a budget, definitely consider Ikea.

I remember a time where I was looking EVERYWHERE for woven chargers like these and some places they were as high as $40 a piece.

Ikea sells them for $3.99 each.


I also love these little dish towels (that could double as dinner napkins) for 79 cents a piece.

They remind me of a pretty much every restaurant I visited in France, or any restaurant in NYC that imitates said restaurants.



And I saw this darling little white and brass lamp that I believe needs to take up residence on my desk.



And here it is in nickel and brass.


Back to their fabrics, I think this whimsical pink and orange fabric is just the best.
I love it for a fun, feminine space or even a child's room! $6.99/yd folks. UNREAL.


I almost got upset when I saw this fabric
I cannot tell you how I searched high and low for a fabric like this before my wedding.
And to make matters worse it's $7.99/yd. You could cover your whole life in it.


I thought this palm print was so fun too. And an incredible $8.99/yd.



We purchased this chandelier for my cousin's office, and I just think it has so much personality.

And when other retailers are charging out the wazoo for other sputnik style fixtures, why not capture the trend at an easy $99?


I also love this guy---perfect for a kitchen island or an informal dining area.



I always love their organizational stuff at Ikea, but these bright pink boxes really caught my eye!
Perfect for a girly office or to organize your closet!




Would work perfectly for both paper clips and pushpins, as it would to corral jewelry.

And last but not least, they have made so many new colors of the their popular lack table available. I was dying over the orange and turquoise colorways.

Such a fun (and cheap) way to add some punch to a room!






I just love a hoppin' and educational Saturday night, don't you?


No comments: