Tuesday, January 12, 2016

South Congress Hotel




The last of my Matron of Honor duties this weekend was to pick up my sister and her new husband, Kirk at the hotel they stayed at for their wedding night. They chose the new South Congress Hotel and not only was it absolutely stunning, but full of eye candy everywhere I looked. The lobby pictured above was the perfect balance of mid-century inspired, Austin-esque bohemian chic and just a touch edgy. Certainly not your typical hotel lobby, even where the "nice" one's are concerned.



I am dying to dine at Cafe No Se upon my return to Austin. The decor, albiet minimalist, is warm and very chic. You can't help but think as you walk around this whole space...I wish I could have a house like this.

It's definitely too bohemian for my every day life---I need comfortable upholstery and lots of velvet and silk surrounding me--but it's such a fun space to visit for a night or two.


image via here



image via here

Once I arrived at their Suite--aptly name the "Congress Suite" I continued to be in awe of the decor, ESPECIALLY as I walked into their bathroom (pictured below). Holy bohemian and brass heaven. That counter to the left is a gorgeous neutral marble, and while I usually perceive vessel sinks as being very dated looking---the unique shape of these was very cool. I also like the different take on subway tile with the more elongated version and using the same tile in two different colors. Talk about visual impact. What I was really dying over was the brass framing on the shower glass. YES. It was everything. Topped off with brass faucets and fixtures and a floating oval tub---and it was heaven.


image via here


image via here

A view from their suite. You may as well have been looking over the view in LA.


image via here


image via here

I am so excited to return to South Congress Hotel at some point---SOCO is one of my favorite parts of Austin for the shopping, eating and the vibe.

South Congress Hotel may even have beat out my burning desire to stay at Hotel San Jose---or maybe I'll just have to take two trips!


image via here