Friday, February 12, 2010

It's Been Awhile....





Wow... It's been more than a year and a half since my last post.... I've been obsessing over other people's blogs lately and I figured it was time I jumped back on the bandwagon myself...

A lot has changed since I last blogged. I graduated from TCU in August 08', moved back to Houston, got a job as marketing director/research coordinator at a small real estate firm, got laid off six months later, moved to Dallas and started working as a commercial real estate broker. I found my first apartment ( well, the first one I've funded at least) and moved in and started decorating! Since I have a somewhat miniscule budget ( seeing as the real estate market is somewhat barish the last year or so) I've had to use what I have and improvise a little... Pictures of my work in progress to come later. I live in about 475 SF now (which is TINY for Dallas, let's remember that I don't reside in the great city of Manhattan :( ...) and I dream about the day when I can move into a cute Dallas duplex with hardwoods(instead of ugly carpet) and other vintage accents ( a fireplace? sigh..) and have just a tad more space.

As a part of my "vintage duplex fantasy" I like to think about how I would decorate....

Let's start with the living room....



Right now I'm living in Ikea heaven with the Ektorp Slipcovered Sofa and Chair in White.... It's actually really cute for the price, plus it resembles PB's Classic Sofa, for a fraction of the cost. In my duplex fantasy I might upgrade to a new, more sophisticated couch.. like the New Contemporary from Quatrine. I love the color and the piping in the photo, but I would try a more unexpected combo. Perhaps a flax burlap with light pink or yellow piping, or a gorgeous dove grey linen with a robin's egg blue piping. Whatever sofa I end up with ( I may very well end up with another white one like this one below from Wisteria, I plan to make my color scheme mostly monochromatic, cream, white, flax, and grey....with simple touches of navy, yellow, pink, and robin's egg blue.



Next, we have to have some side tables.... Very important for two reasons... #1, I have an obsession with anything mercury glass and #2, I'm part camel and always have a beverage in my hand or next to me while I'm lounging on the couch. I would prefer something french and antique, hopefully painted grey...

No comments: