Thursday, May 26, 2011

Retro Style Icon..... C.Z. Guest


While I agree that today's fashion magazines & blogs are inspiring, I often think that retro photographs of the 1950's and 60's elite are among the most inspirational. 

Perhaps that's why I enjoy watching Mad Men so much.

Today's particular obsession is the well-dressed socialite, C.Z. Guest.

Loooove this famous photog by Slim Aarons

Mrs. Guest also graces "A Priveleged Life" which needs to grace my coffee
 table immediately.


I am particularly enjoying these photos of Kirsten Dunst channeling C.Z. Guest 
In a 2008 issue of Harper's Bazaar.



Which Retro Style Icons are you inspired by?


On another note, I'm moonlighting at The Semi-Designed Life Today.
Head on over to check out my Guest Post and See what my Decor Style was 
in College vs. Today!


2 comments:

Aubrey {All Things Bright and Beautiful} said...

C.Z. Guest is a new one for me...but I like her already! I'm not usually a Kirsten Dunst fan, but in this picture I could be. Big time. (c:

Unknown said...

My Dad and his Father, both deceased used to cater society dinners for the Cochran family back in the 1940s in the North Shore area of Massachusetts I believe. They had very fond memories of Lucy C.Z. Cochran Guest and her family!