Monday, May 16, 2011

A Very Sixties Sunday.....



I had a VERY Sixties Sunday out at the man-friend's family Lake House on Sunday.
We went out to look at some of the furniture that was moved from his grandparent's house a few months ago.

His mom knows what a fan of anythings 1960's vintage I am, so she offered me two x-benches that she didn't want.

They are gorgeous!

I have them under my dressing table for now.
And that window pane mirror is a left-over from my "Shabby Chic" days.
I'm desperate to replace it.

 And I must admit that I am really excited that they're authentic and so unique.
At first I was thinking that they would need to be recovered immediately, but after seeing the fabric in person, I'm not sure that they do.

The fabric is in pristine condition and I LOVE the navy background.
My mom laughed when I sent her a close-up of the fabric.

"Oh, yes! I remember that fabric from the 60's! Everyone had it...."



It must have been this fabric that inspired Celerie Kemble to design her Hothouse Flowers fabric/wallpaper for Schumacher.


Celerie Kemble Hothouse Flowers for Schumacher

We were looking in a neighboring house that belongs to their extended family but is no longer used, 
and I spotted a cream campaign style etagere.
I was squealing in delight.
" Do you think we can have that once they clean this house out?!" I asked the man-friend excitedly.

From what I could see through the window, it's in PERFECT condition.
What a find.

It looks very similar to these below.




I just adore campaign style furniture, whether an authentic antique or a reproduction.

 
Suzanne Kasler "Asheworth Desk"


 Especially when it's lacquered white like this.



No comments: