Monday, December 13, 2010

Sixties Sunday.....Pink & Navy Boudoir


For this Sixites Sunday, I thought I'd talk about designing a mid-century modern bedroom with a color palette of pink and navy.


Some Inspiration....





Let's start with this bed from Ikea. Usually I'd use a more Hollywood Regency Inspired headboard, but I think this gives a cleaner look.


I'd like some x-benches at the end of the bed, to add that hollywood regency flair.

They would be extra-fun covered in this pink and white Schumacher Fabric.

In the center of the bed, right above the head, I would place a bamboo mirror like this one.

Unfortunately this bedding is no longer available at Z Gallerie, but I like the Greek Key pattern and the navy and white coloring.


These pink bamboo sheets would tie the bedding together perfectly.
Etsy pillows to add some interest to the bed


and this super bright pillow would add some other colors to the room.


This Schumacher wallpaper would be perfect as an accent wall for the bed to sit against.

And the rest of the room would be painted this Navy from Ralph Lauren Home

Love two of these for the bedside table below.

It's from Macy's, believe it or not.


This rug would work well for the room, which needs to be grounded with a neutral.
Love this desk from Pieces in Atlanta

This chair could be painted a gloss navy...
and recovered in this Schumacher Fabric.

I would flank the desk with two of these sconces from Ralph Lauren Home

and find Vintage Pink Hermes scarves to frame above the desk.

Happy Sixties Sunday!

1 comment:

Maigen said...

I LOVE this! The sconces and scarf are fabulous! I want to do something like that, for sure! :)

Maigen
laconceptiondesfemmes.blogspot.com