Thursday, September 16, 2010

Who's the Prettiest Girl in the WORLD?


image via Pet Sugar

Does anyone else remember the episode of SATC when Charlotte got Elizabeth Taylor, her Cavalier King Charles Spaniel? I DO! I was then, and still am obsessed with these dogs and remember thinking how darling it was for Charlotte's character to name her beautiful new canine after one of the biggest starlets from the 1950's & 60's. I always knew Ms. Taylor was an inspiration, but after what I found the other day, I'm even more sold.

So here's the story: As we know I'm OBSESSED with Palm Springs and even more obsessed with Palm Springs weddings. I was perusing Palm Springs weddings on Style Me Pretty and found a wedding that had been held in Elizabeth Taylor's Former Estate. OH MY GOD. The house is gorgeous. But I'll say no more and let you see for yourself.



The chandeliers are a little overkill for me... I would do something a little more understated.
I love the wooden beams and pitched ceiling.

Dining Room. Gorgeous!

Patio of one of the Casitas

Reflecting Pool

Pool, complete with gazebo, palm trees and mountain views.

It has a dressing room!

This bathroom is SWOON worthy.
I designed my dream bathroom at age 8, and I swear to you it had a central bathtub, his/hers sinks, a fireplace, and an upholstered chaise.
Don't make me show you the napkin.


The kitchen is the only part of the house that I'm not crazy about. If it were my kitchen, I would renovate it to look like this.....


Urban Grace Interiors via DecorPad

And now for the aformentioned wedding.......

Drumroll Please.

The bride in Ms. Taylor's former bathroom....


She got dressed in Liz Taylor's former dressing room.
I'm chartreuse with envy!
They brought a vintage typewriter so that guests could wish them well with typed notes!
What a phenomenal ceremony venue. At sunset no less!

Unfortunately the house is now sold. So I guess I won't be having my wedding there, unless I can sneak in while the owners are out of town and hold a wedding .... Bad idea?

Images via Style Me Pretty

No comments: