Sunday, November 14, 2010

The Breakfast Club


image via twoliablog

I thought we'd go back to talking about the decoration of my dream house....

The next room I'd decorate is the breakfast room right off the kitchen. There are two things I want to make this room: Relaxing and Pretty. This is where we'll eat most meals, entertain friends on a casual night, balance our checkbooks, and surf the internet with coffee in the mornings.

The breakfast room as it stands now....

Some inspiration....




via twoliablog







I would paint the three walls of this room this light grey color from

And then do an accent wall in one of these wallpapers....

And put down a sisal rug... This option is from ikea. Perfect and Inexpensive. Aka: If someone spills coffee I won't cut their head off.

To add a little interest to the room I would add a console like this one from Home Decorators
The top I would make a coffee bar with a Keurig coffee maker and a fabulous lamp like this one from Horchow

Over the dining table I would use a light fixture like this from Horchow
How fabulous and unexpected?

For the breakfast table, I would use the farmhouse table we have now.
Found at an estate sale by my dear momma!


I would add rattan chairs like these from ikea
and spray paint them a dark grey like this....


and cover the cushions in this fabric from Schumacher



For table accessories I would use these fabulous vintage silver cream and sugar bowls


I actually already have this runner in cream from Pottery Barn


I also already have a vintage 7-up crate like this one.

And for a final touch, I would fill it with a cluster of potted orchids...



No comments: