Tuesday, October 9, 2012

A Masculine Office.



I'm trying to remember to make this blog a bit more personal.
So today I wanted to talk about my boyfriend, Brian.

Brian is an entrepreneur and a couple years ago, he opened a car dealership.
He's moved offices a few times since the start of the business, 
and now he's settling into a location that he anticipates being in for a while.
And therefore, he is ready to really decorate. Which just makes my heart sing!

My inspiration for his office is a sleek mid-century modern feel with deep, masculine colors and handsome retro furnishings.

The offices shown in Mad Men are a major inspiration for both of us.
And it's really important to me that he doesn't fall into the typical guy pattern,
where everything is beige/brown.




images via Pinterest.com

I put together an inspiration board to show B what I was thinking,
and I thought I'd share it with all of you.

I'm envisioning a deep hunter green paint with a hint of teal, this Benjamin Moore color, Mallard Green would be perfect!

You may remember that we found a fretwork desk at the Fort Worth flea market a few months ago.
The desk on the board is very similar to the one we found. I'm obsessed with the leather channel back 1940's office chair that I saw on 1st Dibs. The chrome and pinstripe guest chairs round out the look. Brian has been dying for mid-century cork lamps for his office. I love them paired with a sleek mid-century credenza with brass hardware. I'm not personally a huge Persian/Oriental rug fan, but Brian has always wanted one, and at least I wouldn't have to stare at it in my house.


A navy linen retro sofa, tartan plaid pillows and a brass lamp add a masculine, but sophisticated touch.

What are your must-haves for a masculine office?


No comments: