Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Jenna Bush Hager's Fabulous Nursery



What's not to love about adorable Jenna Bush Hager?
Remember her appearance on Ellen a few years ago when Ellen asked her to phone President Bush?
Hilarious.


I saw a link to her daughter, Mila's nursery tour on Today.com via Facebook today and had to share it for those of you who hadn't seen it yet.



Three things struck me about this nursery. One, it's very nicely decorated---and I feel like I see SO many nurseries, celebrities included that are horrifying looking. Two, it's not too baby-fied, meaning that if you took away the crib and the photogs of baby animals, you could be in any other bedroom. And three, that despite her celebrity status and obvious familial wealth, the decor is very accessible.
It looks like something that we could all reasonably have.

I'm done with North West and her bazillion dollar crib.
I mean, let's get real here people!




Love this darling turquoise velvet glider. And truth be told, later on the swivel mechanism could be removed and it could meld seamlessly into her living room.


That brick wall is EVERYTHING. One of the many perks of living in a fabulous old building in NYC.


Love that all the art is so personal. Including this cat painted by GW.


Love the juxtaposition of the traditional mirror with the modern dresser.

So, if you wanted to achieve the look in Mila Hager's nursery, I've scouted a few key pieces with which to do so!

First of all, I love how they decided to go gender neutral with their nursery. Whether or not you decide to find out the gender of your unborn child, I think this is a great decision. Yes, if you're having a girl it can be tempting to make every last inch of the nursery pink, but what about your second child? I also think gender neutral nurseries tend to look less childish, which can get kitschy reaaaaalll quick if you're not careful.

Their soft blue paint color is absolutely gorgeous---she says in the article that she chose it because she was positive she was having a boy, but nowadays, I really think blue acts as a neutral and can work for either a baby boy or girl.

I love something with a bit more oomph---I think Jenna chose correctly since alot of the wall  space is claimed by that magical exposed brick, but for those of us who are not fortunate enough to live in an older building, I like the saturation of this color for a regular four wall room.





This chandelier from Shades of Light, which looks pretty similar to the one from Mila's nursery.

I think Mila's crib and dresser are from Dwell Studio, and as far as cribs go, they're decently priced.





The Harper Crib from Pottery Barn Baby, which is becoming one of my favorites (I may or may not have spotted it while innocently browsing through a PB Baby catalogue in line at my friendly neighborhood Pottery Barn.) is another fun, modern option, and I like the gender neutrality of white, especially if you plan on multiple children.


I will always vote for vintage when possible, and I love this option from CircaWho for the mirror above the dresser/changing table.



Love this shag rug from RugsUSA (definitely my favorite inexpensive rug source). I like the retro aspect of shag with the modernized design. Plus it would be oh so soft for a baby to roll around on.


If you were on a major budget, this glider off of Amazon certainly gets you the look.

To take it one step further---In comfort and function, you could try this pretty skirted version from Duralee fitted with a swivel glider mechanism.


Upholstered in this darling Bailey and Griffin toile. Which again, could later be a normal chair in your living room.



What do you think of Jenna Bush Hager's decor in Mila's nursery?
Are you a fan of gender neutral nurseries?

No comments: