Monday, December 19, 2011

Bamboo Chairs.... The Project, Part One!



As you'll recall, this summer I found a screamin' deal on a set of faux bamboo chairs with a matching dining table.

I've been putting off deciding what to do with them, because I want them to be absolutely perfect. 
Well, this Sunday morning, the man-friend and I got started on the chair re-do project!



The original chairs at the Fort Worth Flea!


They were originally a natural wood finish with leopard upholstery.

I'm using the four matching dining chairs for the dining room and the hostess chair for a new desk chair.

For the dining chairs, I decided on a gloss navy wood with the cushion upholstery in Trina Turk for Schumacher Peacock in the "Pool" colorway.



Trina Turk Peacock in Pool


My desk chair is my current challenge.

Originally, I had plans to paint it gloss black and use the fun pink and white fabric below.
Then, when I was looking at paint in the store, I laid my eyes on this pretty Ballet Slipper pink!

And, as a true pink lover, I just couldn't resist!


Now, I'm faced with the dilemma of what fabric to use for the cushion.

I could go all the way with my original dark pink and white choice....


Or a little more wild with an orange velvet pattern on flax linen.



I'm also loving these options.....






The next issue is, the rug I currently have in my dining room. 
It's a very traditional oriental style.
Hand-me-down from Mom. 
And, yuck.

Sorry, But I can't stand oriental rugs.

I need something much more modern.





I need something to add a little punch under what I'm planning to use---which is the Ikea Docksta Table.




Which these folks have styled so well!

Thoughts? Questions? Concerns?

I need your help, readers!



2 comments:

Aubrey {All Things Bright and Beautiful} said...

Okay, I'm totally excited about this project...bamboo chairs always turn out so fabulous with bright colors and patterns! I can't wait to see what you choose, girl! Hope 2012 is treating you well! (c:

Castle Rock Washing Machine Repair said...

Great rread thank you