Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Ruthie Sommers------Genius in Human Form


I'd like to start this post by saying that I LOVE VERANDA.
I love it with all my heart and soul.
I really do. They consistently have the most amazing content.
And they play to southern girl's appetite for glamour better than any other magazine.

I also love designer, Ruthie Sommers.
Whom I first discovered in my past favorite magazine, Domino.
I've written about her genius in the past.

And when I tore open the pages of this month's Veranda, I literally could not
believe my eyeballs.


Because this project is beyond.
It's everything you want to be.

It's bright, happy and sophisticated.

It's glamorous and playful.


Obsessed with this high gloss black entry.
And I love how she pulled colors from the doors in the art and the bench.



I can't even talk about this situation.
It's fabulous. The antiqued mirror, the 1940's leopard bench.
The sconces.
I DIE I DIE I DIE.
Bless Rachel Zoe for allowing women to truely express their orgasms over great design.

And the bed treatments, OH, the bed treatments.

Oh behalf of ugly bathrooms everywhere, this single room makes up for it. I love the detailing on the cabinets. And I love the Murano chandelier.

This living room makes me want to never be afraid of color again.
It's living proof that risks are worth taking.
Love the rug and love the purple sofa.


And this bedroom was the perfect girly finale.
I love the canopy.

Thank you Ruthie for treating my eye-balls.
And Thank you From the Right Bank,
for grabbing these images.

No comments: