Thursday, January 27, 2011

Design Obsession......Ruthie Sommers

image via here

I had a not-so-super day today.

We couldn't get to NYC because it currently, looks like this.



Anyway, we spent most of the morning arguing with a less than nice Airline desk attendant.

Serenity. Serenity.

On to something to improve my mood, the lovely designs of the even lovlier, L.A. Based designer Ruthie Sommers.

I remember when I discovered Ruthie's gorgeous design aesthetic in a Domino article about her daughter  Eloise's (precious name) baby bedroom.



I'm really into her mix of pricier antiques and re-purposed vintage finds.

And because I'm really into pink and chocolate brown rooms right now, I'm loving these pictures.



 This office is FABULOUS.

images via Elements of Style 

My friend Liz would die over this room. Eclectic Style meets Southern Charm.
That love seat is a recovered/piped vintage find. 
Love it.


 Her dressing room.
Dreamy.

 Full view of above room.

images via 1stdibs.com

Ruthie outside her former store, Chapman Radcliff

I'm loving that Ruthie's design sense is unique and that she's not afraid to take risks.
I also love the mix of Hollywood Regency, Southern Charm, and Eclectic Style.

It doesn't hurt that she's also from the South and cut her teeth in NYC.
My hero!


No comments: