Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Dear NYC, Thanks for the Memories...


Ok, I know you're probably sick of the constant NYC posts, but this is the last one for a while, PROMISE.

We had a FABULOUS time.
We arrived on Friday afternoon ( a day late) and immediately went for coffee at Stumptown in the Ace Hotel, which is the coolest place ever. And the mocha's are TO DIE for.
The guys working there look to be straight out of Newsies.

On Saturday we walked all around mid to lower Manhattan. We saw some of my favorite buildings and generally gave my man-friend a feel for the big city. It was his first time and he was loving it!





 the man-friend and I on a snowy street in the West Village



Then we made our way into the Meatpacking District and strolled through Chelsea Market. I love this place. A perfect mix of retail goods and gourmet food.



Loved this tile at the entrance to the Chelsea Market Anthropologie

 Then we walked on the HighLine under The Standard Hotel.
Which has such amazing mid-century modern architecture that I can't even stand it.

The interior is pretty precious too.

 Can't you just see Roger Sterling and Don Draper sitting at this banquet?



We made sure to pay a visit to the "Friends" building in the West Village
That's my friend Liz posing in the foreground.

As always the home stores were wonderful.

Here at ABC Carpet & Home

Loved this little french gift shop




I  could kick myself for not writing down the name of this Fabulous home store in SOHO.
So much mercury glass, so little time!

How pretty are these tables? 


Also in Soho, we happened upon Rachel Ashwell's Shabby Chic Couture Store
Even though I'm not into Shabby Chic overload like I used to be, I still love their white slip covered furniture and distressed french antiques and accessories




We had to stop at Dean & Deluca for a snack and I spotted their table of irresistible looking flowers.


On Sunday we headed to Williamsburg, Brooklyn.
I've never ventured to Brooklyn on a trip to NYC before and I am so glad that I did.
If you haven't been before, go immediately.

It was as quaint as promised
Darling little townhouses like these...


And the chic Dressler that we brunched at

Don't you love the greek key pattern in the iron doors?


The decor was superchic and unexpected given the nondescript building it's in.



This cheese shop was so adorable
It looked like it belonged in London

And the smell inside was DELICIOUS



We ended our day at the Brooklyn Brewery.
Which made my man-friend EXTREMELY happy.


In case you're interested from my post the other day, we ended up at Stanton Social for our date Sunday night. The food was fab.

 I didn't see Bethenny Frankel, but I guess that's ok.

No comments: