Friday, February 4, 2011

French Decor for Friday.....

 image via mackenziehoran.com

As of late, I've been really into Hollywood Regency inspired decor.
It probably has a lot to do with my 1960's obsession.
And my Kelly Wearstler obsession.
And my Palm Springs obsession.

I've gotten so entrenched into my new love, that I often forget about my first love.
French inspired home decor.

Here I am on a trip to Versailles a few years ago.
Happy as a clam.

I was thinking about french inspired decor this morning and wanted to share a few fave images.
I especially like robin's egg blue incorporated into french decor, I feel that it really compliments the gold accents you usually see on the mirrors and gilded furnishings.


image via cococozy.com


A more modern take on French Decor



Love this blue/white molding


 image via decorpad.com

 What a chic bathroom/dressing room



 I love this pop of color in an otherwise traditional room

image via twoliablog


I love the touches of blue with the mostly pink and lavender room
So dreamy.


Happy Friday!
I hope everyone is staying warm in this snowy weather!

No comments: