Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Snow Days Make Me Want....SPA DAYS!




It's likely the freezing weather here in Texas, but I am dying for a spa day.

Not a massage (because they creep me out) but a facial, mani/pedi/steam, etc.

It got me thinking about the good, bad, and often the ugly of spa decor.

If I were hired to decorate a spa, I would be intent on making it three things

Chic, Relaxing, and Inviting.

For me, this translates to calming colors: Grey, Cream, and Beige.

To add a little contrast, I would throw in dark hardwood floor, a dark cherry-wood greeting counter and a few touches of dark wood furniture.

Inspiration for the perfect spa space:













I am horrible about saving links and have NO clue where these pictures came from!
If they're yours, please claim them and I'll give credit!








 images via decorpad.com

After having dark hardwoods and a cherrywood counter installed, my next order of business would be some FABULOUS wallpaper.

I think a white/cream wallpaper would be just the ticket.


I am SWOONing over this white trellis from Schumacher
It's hard to see it in it's full glory in this photo, but take a gander at it in the room below.





 It would be a perfect contrast with the dark floors

Because I have extreme design ADD and always need other options, 
here are two other choices from Schumacher




 Next Step: Two white couches facing each other in the "waiting area"

 World Market for the spa on a budget


 Or a slightly higher end tufted version from Home Decorators
I'm also partial to this one from Wisteria

A coffee table between the couches could go a few different ways.



Industrial from Home Decorators


 A dark wood version, also from Home Decorators


The distressed wood/iron version from Restoration Hardware

 Or even a cream tufted one with nailheads



If we went super modern, we could use this one from CB2


 To add a little grandeur to the waiting area, I would add a pretty french chair


I love either of these options from Wisteria


A spa needs shelves to hold their fabulous beauty products, So I would add a few french Industrial versions

Behind the cherrywood counter (which would be topped with grey carrera marble) I would add a large mercury glass mirror
It would add a pretty french flair

Love this one at ABC Kitchen in NYC

Over the counter I would add a few pendant lights like these from Mothology



Or this one.

 or these gorgeous fixtures from Horchow


The waiting area would need a gorgeous light fixture as well.



 For a modern edge you could add this cream drum pendant light





 Or this gorgeous crystal chandelier

 Or this playful capiz pendant


To flank one of the couches, I would add one of these lamps on each side table




 Pottery Barn

For Side tables....

 We could go Industrial

 Or fun.....

 Or sculptural....
 Or modern....



I love this white cowhide rug for the seating area

But classic seagrass always fits nicely.

Add a few black and white photos, yummy smelling candles, and a stack of coffee table books....

And you're in business.


Doesn't a spa day sound just LOVELY?

No comments: