Thursday, February 24, 2011

They call me Mellow Yellow.....




Domino (may it rest in peace) used to have a feature where they would use an outfit as inspiration for a room.

I think this applies so easily to real life, as many of my friends wear perfectly stylish outfits, but can't put a room together to save their lives.

Since I find myself still obsessed with this one J Crew outfit (Spring 11'), I thought I would use it as today's muse.


First and foremost, I would add some much needed accessories to our muse outfit.






Starting with these navy Kate Spade Mary Janes
How darling. 

LOVE a  navy & yellow combo.
So fresh.


And add this pretty Kate Spade cream handbag
A fresh take on a classic Chanel, for a small fraction of the price 


A pretty bauble bracelet



And a hot pink necklace....

and you have a gorgeous little outfit.


Now on to the room.

I would start with yellow/white wallpaper to play off the striped shirt

I love both of these options from Schumacher





The "wow" piece in the outfit is the ruffled yellow shorts, so we need something that's the decorating equivalent. 

Which, in my opinion, is a gorgeous tufted yellow couch.


I love these navy/white balloon chairs. What an unexpected combo, since you usually see them in wood/burlap.

They play off the Mary Jane's perfectly!


I love these hot pink side tables to flank the couch! 
They give that needed pop of contrasting color.


Furniture from roomservicestore.com

I would add these pagoda lamps from Pieces in Atlanta to tie back into the yellow theme.


 And these fabulous yellow foo dogs....


Inspired by the cream purse, this coffee table is a different take on a classic coffee table shape.



The chandelier is inspired by the playfulness of the bracelet.

This one from Horchow is perfect!


What do you think of this room?

3 comments:

Lindsay P said...

So cute Macky! I think you should make this a weekly post!

mackenziepage said...

Thanks Linds! Miss you! I guess I'll have to give the public what they want!

Mary said...

Hello, How do I get in touch with you? There is no email or contact info listed .. please advise .. thanks .. Mary. Please contact me maryregency at gmail dot com