Monday, February 21, 2011

Orange Obsession....



I'm loving this picture of Tory Burch's dressing room.

If I had to say that there's a color that feeds my 1960's Palm Beach obsession, it's definitely orange.

I'm just pretty obsessed with anything bearing the color these days.

Even this morning, I'm sipping an orange gatorade in response to my Sunday Fun-Day.

It seems that everywhere I look, Something orange strikes my fancy....

Like these goodies from Etsy.....






Or this Trina Turk fabric from Schumacher


Or this beach cover up from Trina Turk


Or pretty shoulder bag from Kate Spade

As far as decor goes, I love orange because it mixes well with so many colors.

Like Turquoise.....




 Is this tiffany blue cabinet not to die?





Or Navy....


Or Pink....


images via decorpad and Lonny Mag

I adore this little girls room. Look how precious those photos of her are!

As I believe I mentioned previously, I have formerly been deathly afraid of color in my own house.

But lately I've added a few pops and I'm feeling more and more confident about it.

My living room below. Where I've added an apricot bengal bazaar pillow (from Woody Liana on Etsy) and a yellow & orange pillow from Anthropologie


I've also added some orange accessories like an ornate frame (from TJ Maxx) and a Jon Hardy candle


I'm super duper proud of myself for bravely daring to put this chair in my living room.
The man-friend and I found it while perusing a thrift store. 
I took one look at it and went "Yikes, that will need to be recovered.."
Upon putting it in the living room though, it just seemed to work.
Now I'm obsessed with it. And even when we do recover it at some point, I think I will keep it an orange hue.


And last but not least, the inside of my purse...
Bright Orange.


So is my iPhone bumper, but I couldn't get a picture of that.

Happy President's Day!

No comments: