Thursday, April 21, 2011

Decisions, Decisions..... Recovering.



One of my favorite elements in a redecorated home is the recovered chairs and sofas. 
It's so amazing to me how a new fabric or coat of paint can not only give furniture a new light, but can totally change the tone of a room.

I'm particularly a fan of the furniture in the homes designed by Chicago based interiors maven, Summer Thornton.

Love the plaid backing of these wingback chairs.

The sofa and chair in this room speak for themselves with neutral pillows.



I like how these wingbacks are a simple cream fabric, with the trellis pillows playing off the ottoman fabric.

Don't you just love Summer's work?


I have several pieces that I'm currently needing to recover.

The first being this sofa.
And yes, that is a fruit pattern.
80's? Yes.

I think it would look just lovely in this navy Schumacher Pattern
I would also paint the legs a gloss navy and keep the gold nail heads.


This chair sits in my living room now.
I love the color of the upholstery, but it definitely needs a breath of new life.


What I would really like to do is cover it in a solid linen and add colored piping, 
like the pictures here.


images via decorpad.com

These pretty slipper chairs were given to me by a family friend
 and need to be recovered as well.


I saw this example at a fabric store today and loved it!


However, I think I would try something a bit more daring with a Citrine fabric like this one from Schumacher.


And add some colorful greek key trim.
I'm really liking the navy, to play off the sofa.


Do you have anything in need of recovering? 
What are your plans for the piece?

No comments: