Thursday, April 19, 2012

Design Obsesh.....Sally Wheat Spices up West U!


I currently reside in Fort Worth, but I grew up in Houston, TX.

The neighborhood I grew up in, West University, is exactly the type of place where you would expect Ward & June Cleaver to pop out at any moment. Very traditional, very buttoned up.

That being said, when I was growing up it seemed like a few of the West U. moms got together and unanimously voted on a decor style for their homes. Because more often than not, everyone's home looked like a slight variation of the others.

West U. has grown a ton since my parents moved there twenty years ago, and people have gotten a little more "adventurous" with their style.

When I learned of West U resident and decorator, Sally Wheat a few years ago, I was instantly refreshed at her fabulous and insightful take on decorating her home.

Back then, she had a neutral, frenchy aesthetic, with a little glamour thrown in for good measure.
I just love how her taste has evolved, with influences from mid-century design, Hollywood glamour, and British mod.

I am so very inspired by her designs. They are effortlessly chic in the way I aspire to be.

Take a gander.....



Sally has a booth at Memorial Antiques & Interiors in Houston, which I have yet to visit, but I am DYING to go. Namely, because she creates super fabulous treats, like this custom python desk.

YES PLEASE.




Sally's home is featured in the debut issue of Modern Luxury Interiors Texas magazine this month.



I was a doscent when her house debuted on the West U home tour last spring and I had the best time!

I have been dying for photos of Sally's house to surface since then, and I was so excited when copies of the magazine arrived at my office the other day!


How perfect are the Milo Baughman style chairs covered in David Hick's La Fiorentina?
I just think they're to die.

Ms. Sally Wheat herself.
Seriously, what a doll.


Her dining room is easily the most fabulous I've ever seen. I love how she's mixed the modern elements of the chairs and mongolian wool bench with the classic French & Italian styles of her dining table and chandelier.


Check out Sally Wheat on Facebook or at SallyWheatInteriors.com


No comments: