Tuesday, September 11, 2012

A Love & Hate Relationship with.......RED.


I have somewhat of a love/hate relationship with RED.
In my opinion, it can be a home run, or a VERY bad decision.

Especially where interiors are considered.
I find that I do like red when mixed with other colors and layered with different prints and textures.

And I like red most when it's used as a bold statement.

Like on this dining room wall.

 Or mixed with aqua & graphic black and white.
 
I also love red when mixed with classic navy.


And rich cobalt.

  

Red looks great when mixed with ivory and gold


Designer Miles Redd is a veritable master of red.

 
Miles Redd
 
 Miles Redd


 Mr. Redd is especially into tufted red sofas, it seems.
I love how he mixes pink and red and takes it from Valentine's-ey to sophisticated.

I'm also a major sucker for the iconic Scalamandre Zebras.
And I definitely like the red colorway.


images via Pinterest.com

I love how designer Jamie Meares used the Scalamandre zebras to grace her bar!

What's your take on red?
Love it or hate it?


No comments: