Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Wedding Wednesday.....Stay Thirsty my Friends.


I have some VERY thirsty friends.
And when you're buying every round of the night for those friends,
things can get 'spensive.

Enter the signature cocktail.

I feel like people often stray from this idea because they think it makes the 
party look "cheap" or makes cocktail hour boring.

I couldn't disagree more.


Here's how I'd play it.
We'd start the signature cocktail idea before the ceremony
by offering guests a choice of mini champagne or San Pellegrino Limonata.

 Simple, sophisticated, sexy.

Then, during cocktail hour I'd offer a few different cocktail options.
It keeps things fresh, and since you're not having to buy a ton of the same liquor,
you can purchase a few bottles of each and be good to go.

I would serve my/my girl's favorites....

 
The Greyhound

  • 2 oz vodka
  • 4 oz grapefruit juice
  • lemon or lime wedge for garnish
  • (Salted rim makes a "Salty Dog")
recipe via about.com

The French 75......also known as My New Obsession

2 ounces gin
1 ounce lemon juice
1 teaspoon simple syrup
Champagne
Shake gin, lemon juice and simple syrup with ice, and strain into a champagne flute. 
Top with champagne, and garnish with a long, thin lemon spiral.

 

The Vodka Martini

1 1/2 oz vodka
3/4 oz dry vermouth

Shake vodka and vermouth together with several ice cubes in a shaker. Strain into a cocktail glass, garnish with an olive or lemon peel and serve.

Then, I would throw a few "manly" cocktails in.

Like a Jack & Coke


 Or you could get creative and serve the classic cocktail 
in a slushie version


And, if you're located in the South,
It's just good measure to keep Scotch on hand.


If your man is anything like mine, 
I would have a couple craft beers on tap.




And of course Red and White wine, 
for the winos in attendance.

Since these options leave you with Vodka, Gin, Champagne, Whiskey and Scotch on 
hand, I would decant the remaining liquor not used for cocktails into some attractive glass bottles.
And maybe re-create this lovely label below.


If you're really concerned about everyone getting the exact drink they want,
I would purchase a few standard mixers: Diet Coke, Soda, Tonic Water, etc.
You can add these mixers to the liquors decanted.

And instead of plastering your names on coasters,
why not add drink recipes?

images via Pinterest.com

I adore these coasters from Steel Petal Press!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

These do look great! Definitely nothing cheap-looking or boring here. And yes, those coasters are lovely! It's all in the details =)