Friday, July 8, 2011

Carerra Marble..... My one true LOVE.


How much do I love thee carrera marble?
Let me count the ways.

I would live in a house constructed of carrera marble with mercury glass
windows if that were architecturally feasible.

In fact, most other counter materials kind of offend my lady-like sensibilities.
Yep, that's me throwing up in the background during every
HGTV "Our First Place" and "House Hunters" where they're going
"OMG, this kitchen has granite countertops!"
YUCK. Yah, you and every other track-home IN THE WORLD.

Anyway, when I saw a photo of the kitchen in Veranda's "House of Windsor" showhouse designed by Windsor Smith, I squealled with delight at the carrera marble sink.

Farmhouse sink + Carerra Marble= TO DIE FOR.


And I'm pretty ok with the rest of these beauties too...










So, how do I love thee carerra marble?
Love times 1 bazillion.

Happy Friday!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well now I feel a bit better about our carerra but only because you wrote so gushingly about it. You'll have to come over and visit. But really it is a super pain as far as maintenance goes. Luv ya. -- A. Morton

Meg @ Nutmeg and Co. said...

I KNOW!!! When I saw that crazy amazing sink, I just about lost my cool. How much do you think a sink like that might cost?? Doesn't matter... it's not in my budget.
But I do love Carerra even though it's a pain in the butt to maintain.