Monday, July 11, 2011

Faux Bamboo...I LOVE you.


I know they seem super trendy right now, but I'm REALLY into faux bamboo chairs.
I like to think that with my love for 1960's Palm Beach decor and Hollywood Regency style, that they're sort of a staple for me.

For the past few months I've been scouring eBay for these beauties, only to find chairs for $250 + each.
NOT in my budgetary constraints right now.



 My love for these chairs was majorly exascerbated when I saw this chic dining room in the first issue of High Gloss Magazine designed by Erin Gates

So, on Saturday I was trolling the Fort Worth flea market 
and I found 5 faux bamboo chairs with a matching dining table.

I'm not going to tell you what a SCREAMING deal I got,
because it's not even FAIR.



Right now, they're a light colored wood finish with leopard upholstery.
Not really my style.

I'm planning to paint and recover them, but I can't make a decision on exactly what I want them to look like.

First, do I want to white lacquer them?
Paint them a gloss black? Or a fun color? Aqua? Orange?

Second, what fabric am I using for the seat cushions?

I'm thinking something fun and bright.

Probably turquoise or orange.



I'm still OBSESSING over this Quadrille Fabric.
I think it would look A-M-A-Z-I-N-G on white lacquered chairs.




And some other alternatives....




Love this citrine trellis, but, is it over-done?

Also love the super sixties look of this Trina Turk fabric.


These new chairs are making me want to change my dining room completely.
Right now it has sort of a rustic french look with a farmhouse table, classic black chairs and lots of mercury glass.

I'm thinking I want a tulip table to replace the current dining table situation.



And I definitely need a new fun chandelier....

LOVE this aqua pagoda chandy from Shades of Light....


Or this cerulean beaded one, also from Shades of Light


And like this classic white pagoda from Circa Who

images via pinterest

3 comments:

Kathy S. said...

Ah lucky girl! Those look great & I suspect will look even better once redone with your flair! I vote turquoise chair w/ orange or orange&pink pattern! All of them are great options though :)

Buckhead Belle said...

OMG love! I have been on the hunt for some faux bamboo chairs as well and cannot decide which color I want to paint them. Keep us updated!

Anonymous said...

shut up. I just got two off CL for 25 each..here is my post on them..I was going to paint them..but I Was convinced to leave them lavendar(i hope that works ok!) and I picked the chipper fabric in grey!

http://sweetnothings04.blogspot.com/2011/06/need-your-fabric-help-my-craigslist.html