Thursday, July 21, 2011

Thoughts on a Dining Room Situation....





Ok, so I'm majorly jonesing for a dining room redo at the moment.
This photo that Paloma posted on La Dolce Vita the other day nearly made me faint with envy.

As I said a few weeks ago, I recently purchased a set of faux bamboo chairs with a matching table
at the flea market here in Fort Worth.

I am absolutely in love with them, yet haven't the faintest idea what my real plans are for them as of yet.

I do know that I want to have a slightly smaller table, so that I can fit the faux bamboo etagere that I also purchased recently in my tiny dining room space.

While I'm wrestling with color to paint my new etagere and chairs,
I'm also thinking hard about the kind of dining table I want....

A cool saarien tulip table like in this Mid-Century Mod Jonathan Adler space?

A table with a glossy merrisier finish?

Gloss white?

Traditional Farmhouse (basically what I already have now)

image via Coco Cozy Blog

 A nod to the sixites with vintage brass and a glass top?
Or a more mod version from CB2?



Or maybe a gloss black tulip version?

And now for my inspiration board.

I know that I'm planning to re-do my living room in the near future and since it sits right off of the
dining room, I think it's probably smart to have one cohesive color scheme.

And right now I'm thinking robin's egg blue mixed with orange....

Thoughts? Our walls are a pretty dark mocha color(which I do not plan to change)

I'm thinking about painting the chairs a gloss robin's egg blue like this desk.


And upholstering them in a fun ikat fabric like (my fave!!) Kazak from Quadrille.

Now, here's the challenge....

Do I white lacquer the etagere? That seems like the most sensible choice.
I certainely don't think I sould do a matchy-matchy look with the chairs.


I'd like to finish off the room with a fun chandelier and a Hollywood Regency Style Rug.

Whatdoya think?

Stayed tuned for my living room plans!


3 comments:

Sarah S. said...

Hmmm I like your farmhouse table or a glossy white circular table! Either one will be great & fabulously styled I'm sure!

Tamra {ever swoon} said...

so much inspiration. I think I prefer the farmhouse table with the green chairs you have picked. What about a bench on one side?

mackenziepage said...

Thank you Sarah!

Tamra, A bench would definitely work! Thanks for the suggestion!