Thursday, July 21, 2011

Wedding Wednesdays.... From Over-blown to Understated.

Let me preface this Wedding Wednesday with this thought:

I really try not to be negative about anything on this blog.
I generally think that it's much more constructive to talk about things
that I love and adore, rather than things that make me want to vom.

But I just can't let Tony and Candice Romo's wedding go, ya'll.
It's just TOO bad.

If you had the pleasure of viewing their wedding video before it was removed from YouTube,
then you're aware of what I'm talking about.

I live in North Texas and love it,
but it's Dallas in the worst possible way.
It's exacerbating the bad view of this region of
Texas that we're all bimbos with too much make-up and OVER THE TOP taste.

I think what's mainly offending me though,
is that this wedding is one in a million over-done, over-blown weddings.


Wow, an 8-tier cake!
What a marvel!

Because, that's TOTALLY all real.
Sick.

And her dress.
Oh, her dress.

Cannot deal with it.

Do you think she actually looked at this advertisement and thought,

"Wow, how classy, how demure. I think I should wear that."


You know what it is?
It's the Over-Blown Syndrome from the movie, Bridesmaids.

You know, the wedding where everyone gets puppies (puppies?!) at the bridal shower.
The wedding that leaves the bride in tears and MIA on the morning of her wedding.

 The puppies were precious, but OVERKILL.


The one thing I notice that most over-blown wedding have in common is what I like
to call " The Club Effect".

Colored Lights + Shapes projected on the venue ceiling= VOMIT.

I don't know WHY people feel the need to do this.

Do you think that looks pretty? Or Wedding like?

Brides everywhere, REPEAT after me.
No matter how rockin' my band/DJ is
Now matter how glitterati my reception ensem is
My wedding is NOT a NIGHT-CLUB.
What happened to a beautiful room or tent covered in white lights?
Like in Father of the Bride.
I'll tell you one thing. Nancy Meyers knows wassup.

Here's what I want to see.
Demure, Tasteful, Beautiful,

and most of all, Understated Weddings.





images via pinterest.com

 
Like these.

Enough with my rant! Happy Wedding Wednesday!






2 comments:

Tamra {ever swoon} said...

Loved your rant and I agree on all accounts. YUCK to the lighting, especially when it has their names in it. gross. Sorry if I'm offending anyone, just my personal opinion.

Thanks for the laughs, you speak the truth!

mackenziepage said...

You know what's so funny Tamra,

When I was talking about the weddings that I actually LIKE seeing, the beautiful, demure one's, I was thinkin about all the lovely photos I've seen of yours!

Glad there's someone else out there who GETS IT!