Monday, March 7, 2011

Bedroom Decisions....

image via here

A few months ago, I "designed" my friend Blair's dream bedroom.

I must be acting as a crystal ball these days, because she's about to move into a town-house and needs to actually decorate a room.

She told me I'm "hired". 

So here goes.


Blair needs a headboard for a queen bed, a side table to sit in between two darling Louis XVI chairs, New bedding, and a dresser.

We also discussed having a perfume tray to sit atop a lingerie chest.

As previously discussed, she is VERY simple and likes a Hollywood Regency meets Antique French look.


Let's start with Headboards.

I personally think she should have a tufted headboard, but she isn't sure, so I'm giving both options.


Fabric Nailhead Heaboard via Ballard Designs

 Tufted Nailhead headboard also from Ballard Designs

Urban Outfitters

 West Elm

I think it's important that she keeps the headboard a neutral color. 
Either a flax or grey linen or a light grey velvet.

For the end of her bed, in place of a footboard, I adore one of these tufted benches!

 Urban Outfitters

Wisteria


I love this little side table for in between her Louis XVI chairs! 
It's from Wisteria as well, and it's perfect!



As for bedding, I think we should go for neutral with a punch of pattern.

Love all these options













 Restoration Hardware washed linen bedding in "Mist"


Restoration Hardware Hotel Style Bedding


Blair really wants a "french" looking dresser, and so far, this is the best option I've found.
Beautiful, Reasonably priced, Timeless.

Wisteria


As for perfume trays, I like these options.

 Z Gallerie

 West Elm

Pottery Barn


I think her room will shape up pretty nicely!


Get ready for tomorrow my sweet readers! I'm revealing the almost finished beach house!
It's my first real decor job and I can't WAIT to share it!

No comments: