Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Fabulous Funky-Town Abode


Here in Fort Worth, we have a wonderful magazine called 360 West that talks about the lifestyle in Fort Worth and the surrounding areas. I am always a fan of their home design spreads, and I was particularly taken with the March issue's design spread.

Local designer, Leigh Taylor of Leigh Taylor Interiors designed a gorgeous mid-century modern home and did a FABULOUS job. I LOVE her mix of hollywood regency, traditional pieces and eclectic accents.


This room is amazing. I love the mix of french chairs with fun fabric, a retro leather lounger, a zebra hide rug, a Dorothy Draper chest, and very modern art. It's clean and classic, with a twist.


The turquoise retro french doors speak for themselves.





I cannot get over this bathroom or the owner's closet. 
Love the marble, obsessed with the toilet closet wallpaper, and LOVE LOVE LOVE the dressing room.


I can't get enough of the lacquered french doors leading into the closet.
Love the carpet and the rug.


The powder bath is super chic with the black walls and blue lacquered cabinet.




The little girl's room makes me want to buy a ticket to Palm Beach, immediately.


This photo embodies my desire for a mid-century modern home.
I love the windows on the back of the house overlooking the pool at night.
You don't get more retro, or chic than that.

all photos courtesy of 360 West Magazine

I wish Ms. Leigh Taylor had a website because I want to see the rest of her portfolio.
What I've seen so far is Fabulous!!

It makes me so happy to see fun, fabulous houses in Fort Worth.
Our amazing city is truly full of surprises.

3 comments:

Pineapples and Pickles said...

Love your super cute blog and look forward to following it.

mackenziepage said...

Thank you Tiffanie! It took me twice as long to get out the door this morning because I was glued to reading yours!!

swanananana said...

FLOVING it Mack