Tuesday, March 29, 2011

The Re-Purpose Driven Life.....



As an aspiring Interior Designer, I find nothing more thrilling than a room full of repurposed objects.

Repurposed Vintage Pieces give a room so much character and life.

I honestly can't fathom decorating a home full of brand new pieces. It just seems plain wasteful to me.

My first love was probably recovered Louis XVI chairs, and as I've grown to love and appreciate other era's, I've fallen in love with repurposed furniture.

There's a store in Dallas called Again and Again that takes great vintage pieces with good bones and repaints and/or recovers them to give them new life.

Some of their fabulous redone pieces below...



 images via againandagain.com



On Sunday, I visited the Dallas Flea with a girlfriend and bought the most amazing redone french chair.
The wood frame is stripped and distressed and the fabric is a fabulous black and white trellis.

It was definitely a find!


For now, it's sitting in the corner of my bedroom, waiting for it's perfect spot.

What's funny, is that this chair is the first vintage object I've bought that was already redone for me.

You name it, I've repainted or repurposed it.


No comments: