Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Wedding Wednesday.... Introducing a New Series on MP



I have been in a LOT of weddings lately.

Seriously, the movie 27 Dresses is getting a tad too familiar for my taste.

Except that I'm not blonde, haven't made out with Edward Burns, and haven't gotten married to James Marsden on a beach at sunset.




For whatever reason, my friends or acquaintances that are getting engaged are constantly coming to me for help.

What kind of flowers? Where should I buy my dress? What should my Colors be?

The list goes on.

And so I thought, why not share some of my infinite (virtually useless) wedding wisdom that's just floating around in my noggin?

Welcome, Dear Readers, to Wedding Wednesday.

A new series on this here blog about all things wedding.

Today, I'll just give you a little taste.


First things, first.

When a bride-to-be starts asking me for inspiration, I send them to one of my four favorite wedding blogs/websites.


For the Eclectic bride:



Ruffled is wonderful.

I'm actually relatively new to their readership, but I'm obsessed. I devote most (ok all) Saturday mornings to them. They have awesome diy projects and great Real Weddings.


photos/logo courtesy of ruffledblog.com



For the Design Obsessed Bride:



Style Me Pretty is A-mazing.

Great Design Ideas for every little detail of your nuptials.

Go check it out, you will NOT be disappointed.



 photos/logo courtesy of stylemepretty.com


For the "Emily Post" bride:


Obviously Martha Stewart is always fabulous.


P.S. This is the only wedding magazine you EVER need to buy.
Town & Country weddings is great too, but it doesn't have as much content.

Really though, the rest are crap, and expensive and all the wedding blogs will help you more than the others ever can.

I also have to give MSW kudos, because their website is now SO much better.


photos and logo courtesy of marthastewartweddings.com

 For the DIY Bride:


Wedding Chicks is an AWESOME source for DIY Ideas and wedding inspiration.

They even have downloadable/printable Save the Dates & Wedding Invites

Fo FREE.

You can even see a proof by putting in the information (Names, Location, Date, etc.)
and clicking Enter.

It's like what we all used to do as little girls.

On Steroids.


 Love this Darling Mad Men inspired Save the Date

photos and logo courtesy of weddingchicks.com


I will go into more detail about dresses in later posts, but I do want to close out this post by mentioning one of my favorite new dress designers.


Gorgeous, HANDMADE dresses.

And the price tags are no too shabby.


photos and logo courtesy of sarahseven.com

White, Frothy,  PERFECTION.

Happy Wedding Wednesday!

No comments: